Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Moms Day Off

As a SAHM who homeschools life can get overwhelming sometimes. Luckily, I have a husband who understands and tries to help out when he can. Sometimes it's a just a few quiet moments to myself and other times he gives me a whole day off.

Yesterday he surprised me with a sitter (thank you Betty!) and a trip to Natchez for the Spring Pilgrimage Tour of Antebellum Homes. He didn't even tell me where we were going. Just told me what time to wake up and to be ready. I had no clue that this was the trip he had in store.

When we got to Natchez we picked up the tickets for the tours and a carriage ride. We were able to tour the House on Ellicot Hill 1798, The Towers 1798, Stanton Hall & Longwood. My favorites were The Towers and Longwood. The Towers is privately owned and absolutely gorgeous. They also have a sculpture garden with sculptures from artist of New Mexico. The owner lives in the house and also gives private tours by appointment. Longwood is a museum that can be toured year round. Longwood was never completed due to the start of the Civil War and the family losing much of its fortune during the war. It is such a unique house. It has an octagon shape and 5 floors. Only one floor was completed. The tour takes you through the first and second floor of the house. An absolute must see!

We broke up the tours with lunch at Magnolia Grill. We ate Bayou Egg Rolls and Bacon & Cheese Samburgers. So delicious and we were stuffed when we left.

We finished the trip with a carriage ride tour of downtown Natchez. The weather was perfect and the carriage ride was relaxing and showed many of downtown Natchez's old homes.

Thanks to my husband I had a wonderful relaxing day with him. Knowing that my children were well cared for in my absence, let me truly enjoy my time away and I was able to come back home renewed.

No comments: