Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Dark Bayou

I recently read the book Dark Bayou by author Nancy K. Duplechain. The story is set in Louisiana, in Cajun Country, and centers around a young woman named Leigh and her niece Lyla. At the start of the story Leigh is living in California but is summoned home by her grandmother when her brother and his wife die. When Leigh comes home for the funeral she starts to learn that she is needed in Louisiana to help keep Lyla safe from the "Dark Man"

I love supernatural stories and was pleased to find this book. I enjoyed reading a story where the author actually knew what she was talking about when she wrote about Cajun Country. The supernatural part was a new twist compared to books I've previously read, and I liked the back story that explained the Dark Man's existence. If you have a little time on your hands and are looking for a good read then check out "Dark Bayou".

No comments: